What’s next for Hellhunter?

Official Anouncements, Questions & Feedback about Hellhunter
Jet Strange
Novice
Novice

Re: What’s next for Hellhunter?

Postby Jet Strange » 26 Nov, 2016

Lloyd Calvin wrote:Have you looked into Fig?
It gives you a chance at investors and pledges.

https://www.fig.co/

I already told them about that :P so I got you Lloyd :)

Ballistic
Nephilim
Nephilim

Postby Ballistic » 26 Nov, 2016

Exeator wrote:Just signed up to your mailing list, I would totally buy your early access when it’s up! :)
Nikriser wrote:Wait a moment, does early access means we get to play something earlier? Any ETA ? :D
NaroMind wrote:Naaaw don’t go to publishers, don’t sell your soouuull!!! :o
You guys got an amazing unique concept here, that's its strongest selling point and should be maintained

Thank you so much, atm private investment + Early Access launch are our top picks.
ETA is several months give or take, and to learn from our mistakes will have strong press to keep everyone updated this time around.

Pneumonica wrote:I'm a bit of a latecomer, having found out about it towards the end thanks to Gamer Quest's Twitter post on it. However, I'd like to say that whatever provides the best possible game.
I'd like to say that, but I also have to say whatever provides a game to begin with. Obviously, you need to put food on the table. I do like the idea of deeper RPG elements. (This is remarkably similar to a tabletop RPG homebrew setting I ran. Plenty of differences, but noted similarities.) However, I'd say whatever makes it happen. Reducing risk is good business when you're already in a risky venture.

Thanks for the post, you pretty much nailed it, this is exactly where we are atm decision wise.
At the end of the day, the quality of the product is our bottom lin, but gotta put food on the table or there won't be a product to begin with :P
That's why we're looking into rolling a small private investment run soon, as it can help mitigate risk without harming the end product.

Btw loved your "social environment" suggestion mate, can't wait to hear from about your RPG homebrew setting :)

VampireHunterD wrote:
Pneumonica wrote:I'd like to say that whatever provides the best possible game.

Ditto, and another crowdfunding run does seem like suicide at this point.
I got hooked to Hellhunter the moment you mentioned Blood: the last vampire on that podcast interview … was a bit downer you had to cut shapeshifters out for the Kickstarter ... but now if publisher/early-access means confirmed vampire hunting, omg this will be amazing I'm in!

Also it looks like you guys are taking a bad situation and using it to come back even stronger with backup plans, hell you're not even licking your wounds ... , that's impressive, scary even :o

Yes it was a total bummer when we had to cut stuff like Shapeshifters for the Kickstarter, so the new plans are very exciting for us.

Oh and Blood ftw :D

Jet Strange wrote:So I'm not sure if you ever got my message on Kick starter so I'm going to add it here and add more:
FIG.com
Its pretty much a Video game Crowdfunding site its been on the rise you should check it out :)

Indiegogo
This is another crowd favorite! and with this one you can keep the funds you get.

Interesting, thanks for that.
@Jet Strange: just edited your post so it can be shared with everyone here :)

DeadPixie
Novice
Novice

Postby DeadPixie » 26 Nov, 2016

Hey guys just wanted to say Hellhunter looks great, it's so unique and stands out from everything else out there!!!
Just signed to the mailing list, whichever way you go i will help support your game and grab it when released, can't wait ;)

Jet Strange
Novice
Novice

Postby Jet Strange » 26 Nov, 2016

Ballistic wrote:
Exeator wrote:Just signed up to your mailing list, I would totally buy your early access when it’s up! :)
Nikriser wrote:Wait a moment, does early access means we get to play something earlier? Any ETA ? :D
NaroMind wrote:Naaaw don’t go to publishers, don’t sell your soouuull!!! :o
You guys got an amazing unique concept here, that's its strongest selling point and should be maintained

Thank you so much, atm private investment + Early Access launch are our top picks.
ETA is several months give or take, and to learn from our mistakes will have strong press to keep everyone updated this time around.

Pneumonica wrote:I'm a bit of a latecomer, having found out about it towards the end thanks to Gamer Quest's Twitter post on it. However, I'd like to say that whatever provides the best possible game.
I'd like to say that, but I also have to say whatever provides a game to begin with. Obviously, you need to put food on the table. I do like the idea of deeper RPG elements. (This is remarkably similar to a tabletop RPG homebrew setting I ran. Plenty of differences, but noted similarities.) However, I'd say whatever makes it happen. Reducing risk is good business when you're already in a risky venture.

Thanks for the post, you pretty much nailed it, this is exactly where we are atm decision wise.
At the end of the day, the quality of the product is our bottom lin, but gotta put food on the table or there won't be a product to begin with :P
That's why we're looking into rolling a small private investment run soon, as it can help mitigate risk without harming the end product.

Btw loved your "social environment" suggestion mate, can't wait to hear from about your RPG homebrew setting :)

VampireHunterD wrote:
Pneumonica wrote:I'd like to say that whatever provides the best possible game.

Ditto, and another crowdfunding run does seem like suicide at this point.
I got hooked to Hellhunter the moment you mentioned Blood: the last vampire on that podcast interview … was a bit downer you had to cut shapeshifters out for the Kickstarter ... but now if publisher/early-access means confirmed vampire hunting, omg this will be amazing I'm in!

Also it looks like you guys are taking a bad situation and using it to come back even stronger with backup plans, hell you're not even licking your wounds ... , that's impressive, scary even :o

Yes it was a total bummer when we had to cut stuff like Shapeshifters for the Kickstarter, so the new plans are very exciting for us.

Oh and Blood ftw :D

Jet Strange wrote:So I'm not sure if you ever got my message on Kick starter so I'm going to add it here and add more:
FIG.com
Its pretty much a Video game Crowdfunding site its been on the rise you should check it out :)

Indiegogo
This is another crowd favorite! and with this one you can keep the funds you get.

Interesting, thanks for that.
@Jet Strange: just edited your post so it can be shared with everyone here :)

Actually Im liking the "private investment" thing so keep going with that lol but like I said paypal donation page will make things move faster for ya trust me. I'm trying to give you all the developing time you need :P

Nikriser
Novice
Novice

Postby Nikriser » 26 Nov, 2016

Ballistic wrote:Thank you so much, atm private investment + Early Access launch are our top picks.
Wow sign me in, I just wanna play the game already! :)

Danophia
Novice
Novice

Postby Danophia » 27 Nov, 2016

Hellhunter looks like epic fun, so was great news to hear you're pushing to make it no matter what!

One question (and I know initial early access probably won't have this), but will we eventually be able to play a female character?

Jet Strange
Novice
Novice

Postby Jet Strange » 28 Nov, 2016

Danophia wrote:Hellhunter looks like epic fun, so was great news to hear you're pushing to make it no matter what!

One question (and I know initial early access probably won't have this), but will we eventually be able to play a female character?

This question could be answered by the fact how the story movies... But then again I don't like the fact that the main character is hunting alone....So yea They should make another character.

Plus this would give you another interesting way of playing the game... were as the male character is playing modern day stuff and the Other character would be using relics n stuff.

Ballistic
Nephilim
Nephilim

Postby Ballistic » 28 Nov, 2016

Danophia wrote:Hellhunter looks like epic fun, so was great news to hear you're pushing to make it no matter what!

Thank you for the kind words.
Yes as we mentioned in The Monster Guys interview, we originally wanted to have a playable female character as a stretch goal.
Thanks to early access model we can pursue this once again, and have it available in future updates. :)

Danophia
Novice
Novice

Postby Danophia » 28 Nov, 2016

Ballistic wrote:Thank you for the kind words.
Yes as we mentioned in The Monster Guys interview, we originally wanted to have a playable female character as a stretch goal.
Thanks to early access model we can pursue this once again, and have it available in future updates. :)

Woo, that's great! :D

Werkschau
Novice
Novice

Postby Werkschau » 29 Nov, 2016

Hey guys,

obviously too late to the party - just heard about the game a few hours ago - and sad to see it not funded but looks like you've already dusted yourselves off and are ready to try again.

In case you didn't know: gog.com also has an early access program in place called "In Development". Might be worth considering to sign up for that too (https://www.gog.com/games?feature=in_development).

Also, have you thought about setting up a PayPal backing portal of some sorts on your homepage? Worked out for other games - the most prominent one being Star Citizen - just fine in the past.

Return to “General”