Threat from the other "hunters"

What would like to see in Hellhunter?
sam
Novice
Novice

Postby sam » 29 Nov, 2016

I think when I hunting monsters, I may also encounter other "hunters" -- and for a variety of reasons, they will not be too friendly.
This game could add human enemies from other organizations. Such as a team of black ops, action rules is to capture monsters, then thoroughly clean up the scene -- Of course, including me.
Or a sorcerer to explore for magic knowledge, and I became a rat of his hatred.

Nighteyes
Cursed Mod
Cursed Mod

Re: Threat from the other "hunters"

Postby Nighteyes » 29 Nov, 2016

This is a bloody interesting idead.
I like it...
There are many possibilities in it, especially for potential DLC/expansions adding rivaling factions.

However I think it'd be even more fun if you were able to build up a relationship with some of these factions so when something particularly bad comes to eat you, you can call in reinforcements.

sam
Novice
Novice

Postby sam » 30 Nov, 2016

Perhaps further, if I agree with the idea of this faction, I can join them by reach certain conditions or special events, and that will change my action mode, I will get "Prestige Class".
This feeling is like the large "Urban Fantasy" works; I am in the process of hunting is also slowly into the "secret war". If I join a faction, I will receive a new mission to destroy another faction. Of course, monsters also have their own factions......It sounds a bit too much, but I do not mind become a vampire. :D

Nighteyes
Cursed Mod
Cursed Mod

Postby Nighteyes » 30 Nov, 2016

*grins*
Maybe not joining the cryptid factions ^^

and of course there will be some of the factions that you can't join simply because they have some requirements you can't fulfill (born into the brother hood of Antioch).

But I see no reason why you should be unable to join the Van Hellsing orginasation to work under Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing (Yes that is an Anime reference ;) )

RafaelEmons
Novice
Novice

Postby RafaelEmons » 01 Apr, 2017

Maybe add a time lock to the marine cendors so after 1 hour you can get AP? Seems easy enough

Ballistic
Nephilim
Nephilim

Postby Ballistic » 05 Apr, 2017

It's a very cool concept, in fact one of us worked on a project (prototype) that had the exact same feature of rivals competing with you on the same job.

Although from a gamedesign perspective this mechanic sadly doesn't work for Hellhunter, the concept of factions is an alluring way to enhance the RPG element.

Return to “Suggestions”