Named Protagonist?

What would like to see in Hellhunter?
Nighteyes
Cursed Mod
Cursed Mod

Named Protagonist?

Postby Nighteyes » 13 Dec, 2016

Would you rather have a named Protagonist or do the naming yourself?

Personally I prefer the named Protagonist because it gives the story writers more fixed tools to work with as well as allows for a more detailed story.
Setting things like name, sex, sexual orientation, religion, nationality and similar traits allows storytellers more freedom because their story doesn't have to fit into 1000 different possible naratives which the players might create, instead it only has to fit 1 in the mayor story parts.
Means you will get much better stories because they can focus on a great story instead of making it none restrictive to all the allowed possibilities.

which would you all rather have?

Jet Strange
Novice
Novice

Re: Named Protagonist?

Postby Jet Strange » 18 Dec, 2016

Nighteyes wrote:Would you rather have a named Protagonist or do the naming yourself?

Personally I prefer the named Protagonist because it gives the story writers more fixed tools to work with as well as allows for a more detailed story.
Setting things like name, sex, sexual orientation, religion, nationality and similar traits allows storytellers more freedom because their story doesn't have to fit into 1000 different possible naratives which the players might create, instead it only has to fit 1 in the mayor story parts.
Means you will get much better stories because they can focus on a great story instead of making it none restrictive to all the allowed possibilities.

which would you all rather have?

I would want a named protagonist as well :) Because it didn't seem right that they made a story for the character but they didn't give him a name. I do know why they do that is because they want it to be The player.

Return to “Suggestions”